Monday, September 28, 2009

I WaNt to bE aBLe tO liKe My SeLf

I have to live with myself and so I want to be fit for myself to know,I want to be able as days go by,To look at myself straight in the eye.I don't want to stand with the setting sun And hate myself for the things I've done.I don't want to hide on a closet shelf..A lot of secrets about myself, And fool myself as I come and go Into thinking that nobody else will know What kind of man I really am; I don't want to dress myself in sham.I want to go with my head erect,I want to deserve all men's respect And in this struggle for fame and pelf I want to be able to like myself.I don't want to look at myself and know That I am a bluster and empty show.I cannot hide myself from me, I can see what others can never see I know what others can never know, I cannot fool myself, and soWhatever happens, I want to beSelf-respecting and conscience free.
LikE ThE ButterFly In My Stomach right Now.. thruly by Iz

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...